Friday, September 30, 2022 / by Jenny Carroll
Stanberry's Recommended Fall Home Maintenance
In the changing seasons, keeping up with your home’s basic maintenance is important to keep the systems healthy and functioning properly.
Here is a list of tasks to tackle as the months turn cooler:
· Change the return air filters in your HVAC system. It is recommended that the air return filter be changed every four to six weeks, depending on use and conditions.
· Time to get ready for Trick-or-Treaters. Check around the front walk- way and front porch to look for any obstacles that may be a tripping hazard.
· Fall is a great time to check and clean out all the gutters and gutter downspouts. If the gutters are too high up, you may want to consider contacting a certified handyman.
· We recommend homeowners drain and flush the water heater at least once a year. Depending on the location, this can be a relatively easy process. If the water heater is in a difficult area to reach, contact a licensed plumber to perform.· Check outside plumbing fixtures for leaks. In addition, make sure they are insulated and have freeze boxes available to install when temperatures begin to drop.
· Check your roof and flashings for signs of damage. Trees too close to the home can damage the shingles, gutters, and siding so be sure to trim away and close vegetation by at least 6” to avoid rubbing.